Latter-Day Idolatry? Nothing to see Here!
This behavior is reinforced by church leaders at all levels of the church.
Based on the aforementioned facts, I have the following questions:
- Where are the examples of this type of treatment being lavished upon Christ's original apostles in the New Testament?
- As a member, are you encouraging vainglory, highly esteeming and even exalting others? Are you perpetuating these beliefs in others, including your children?
- How do you define "Cult of Personality"? 
- How do you feel about associating with those who continually idolize church leaders?
- Where is the simple servant-oriented, Christ-based leadership supposedly restored by Joseph Smith?
1. Exodus 20:3-4
2. Isaiah 44:6-10; Jeremiah 2; 3:6; 5:7; Ezekiel 6:2-9; 8:6-17; 14
3. Jeremiah 5:19
5. 2 Nephi 25:26
6. Philippians 2:3
7. Luke 16:15
8. Luke 14:11